Some php files in same directory of working files with same permissions won't process

John Vaughan jjvaughan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 14:17:02 UTC 2006

Hello list,

Some new findings. . .

A buddy (wes) on another list loaded the troublemaker index.php file using
telnet and got:

wes at kitura:~/Downloads$ telnet welcome.coe.jmu.edu 80 Trying 134.126.97.69..
.
Connected to etv.jmu.edu.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET /dbadmin/index.php
Connection closed by foreign host.

And suggested that the PHP processor was crashing.

When I use the php CLI from the command line and run the index file in my
phpmyadmin folder I get:

# php index.php
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

When I run a test file (that works) with phpinfo in it, it also throws an
error:
[Thu Nov 16 07:26:34 2006]  Script:  'test.php'
/usr/ports/databases/pecl-PDO/work/PDO-1.0.3/pdo.c(364) :  Freeing
0x0838A0E8 (1 bytes), script=test.php === Total 1 memory leaks detected ===

There are no other useful errors (at least to me) that I can find in my
error logs.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to what might be causing
this?  All other php files (not in the phpmyadmin folder) seem to execute
fine without error.

I can try reinstalling php, but would really like to know where things went
wrong and why only the folder with the phpmyadmin files seems to be
affected.

Regards,
-John