Best laptop for Freebsd

George Allan d1945 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 15 23:34:22 PST 2006

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 08:58:53AM +0300, g wrote:
> Is there any one model or product that would be better for Freebsd 6
> (as this is my day in day out operating system).

> Any experiences and or advise would be much appreciated.

My vote is for Thinkpads.  A quick search of the archives will bear out
the popularity of that opinion.

Be prepared first to investigate the hardware on any prospective model,
second, evaluate the support with respect to each and every device, and
finally, spend time and effort configuring things so things work "just
right," for increasingly large values of right.

I believe the investment in time and effort pays off in all sorts of
ways, but chances are you'll end up with a system that you'll consider
indispensible and one that you'll know better than your girlfriend,
wife, or whatever.   I'll leave it to you decide whether that's a good
thing.  ;-)