It's time to bite the bullet and do a major upgrade from 4.11 to 6.0

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Tue Nov 14 19:53:21 UTC 2006

Jay Gordon wrote:
> That's the way I would go about it.
>
> Jay Gordon
> Unix Systems Administrator
> DataPipe Managed Hosting Services
> - What It Means To Be Sure -
> jgordon at datapipe.com  |  http://www.datapipe.com
> Tel: 201.792.1918 x2402 |  Fax: 201-792-3090

    That's a major set of version jumps though, so you may want to
consider a clean install of 6.x via binaries, then source upgrade to 6.2
in a couple of weeks using cvsup once it's made stable; besides,
reinstalling would be trivial if you copy down your /etc files you need
to keep, as well as your packages / ports db (/var/db/ports), and home
directories. Besides, if you do a clean reinstall at least you might
claim back some space that was being used by leftover cruft from
packages, uninstalled packages, or 'ancient' :) OS features.
-Garrett