MailScanner Ports problems

ohlund at woodwrecker.com ohlund at woodwrecker.com
Tue Nov 14 16:21:37 UTC 2006

I've been doing cvsup's on ports-all and src-all. After rebuilding world
for the second time, I still get errors when building the ports. For
example, I'm trying to rebuild MailScanner and I get the following:

===>    Verifying install for
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.2/mach/Filesys/Df.pm in
/usr/ports/sysutils/p5-Filesys-Df
===>  p5-Filesys-Df-0.92 requires statvfs() which is not available before
FreeBSD-5*.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/p5-Filesys-Df.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/mailscanner.

Looks like some of the ports expect the code to have V5 routines available
although I'm only updating from RELENG-4. The error message is originating
from the Makefile which is specifically checking for an OS version >= 5.0.

Any ideas?