Blank screen after using X

Christian Walther cptsalek at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 16:33:19 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm using FreeBSD 6.x for a couple of month now, and I'm quite happy with it.
Since the beginning I've a problem that I was unable to fix: When I
quit X, or X dies for some reason, the screen remains black. I can
type blindly, starting X again, or doing a shutdown.

I searched the net a found an older thread from another FreeBSD-User,
posted to this mailing list. Link to the initial message:
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=195067+0+archive/2006/freebsd-questions/20060723.freebsd-questions

It was suggested that this would be a configuration problem, that
something has to be changed in xorg.conf. But there isn't any solution
provided, so I hope that someone here can help me.

I'll attach Xorg.0.log with the latest crash information (it complains
a segfault at the end), and my current xorg.conf.

What can I change to make this problem disappear?

Cheers
Christian