question

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Mon Nov 13 15:28:30 UTC 2006

On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 07:40:15PM +0100, Sebastian Herrmann wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> could you tell me how to download FreeBSD from your site?

Probably, before you do that, you should read the FreeBSD Handbook -
especially the parts about preparing for and installing FreeBSD - which
includes portions on how to obtain FreeBSD.

The general answer is that ftp is probably the easiest way to download
the ISO.   When you do the install, you can also choose to install
the full source and documentation and you will have the whole thing.
Or, download just the source using ftp if you like.

The Handbook is freely available online at the FreeBSD website.
  http://www.freebsd.org/
Click on the Handbook like.

////jerry