[Mac-users] Mounting dante

Garrett Cooper gcooper at cs.washington.edu
Sat Nov 11 02:04:31 UTC 2006

Amir Stone wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to mount our dante account onto OSX with cmd-K? I
> find Fugu bothersome.
>
> Thanks,
> Amir
1. C&C doesn't export any of the NFS directories outside of the dante
cluster (or homer cluster, etc).
2. smb shares are mountable on-campus (keyword), so feel free to mount
them on-campus. Only know that other than authentication, the
information transported across the network is plaintext. Doesn't matter
in most cases given that network cards don't usually operate in
promiscuous mode and nodes along a network path don't masquerade as
routers or capture traffic, but you don't want to transport information
across smb if it's 'mission critical' or 'confidential', persay..

    Just some thoughts..
-Garrett