Sendmail Smarthost Auth

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Fri Nov 10 22:42:33 UTC 2006

On 2006-11-09 09:13, Tom Grove <freebsd at voidmain.net> wrote:
> I just got a new Internet connection through Verizon and need
> to be able to use a smarthost to send mail.  All servers that I
> can use required SMTP auth and I need to figure out a way to
> have Sendmail authenticate with the smarthost.  Is this
> possible and could someone lead me in the right direction?

You can start with:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/smtp-auth.html

If this isn't enough, or you still have questions about the way
to set up SMTP Authentication with Sendmail on FreeBSD, let me
know.  I'll try to answer your questions *and* update the section
with whatever is not as clear as we would like it to be.

- Giorgos