Sendmail greet_pause config

Simon Gao gao at schrodinger.com
Tue Nov 7 20:34:47 UTC 2006

Matt,

Here is the sendmail.mc:
divert(-1)
#
# Copyright (c) 1983 Eric P. Allman
# Copyright (c) 1988, 1993

divert(0)
VERSIONID(`$FreeBSD: src/etc/sendmail/freebsd.mc,v 1.10.2.16 2002/05/22 16:
39:14 gshapiro Exp $')
OSTYPE(freebsd4)
DOMAIN(generic)

FEATURE(access_db, `hash -o -T<TMPF> /etc/mail/access')
FEATURE(blacklist_recipients)
FEATURE(`greet_pause', `1000')
FEATURE(local_lmtp)
FEATURE(mailertable, `hash -o /etc/mail/mailertable')
FEATURE(virtusertable, `hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable')

define(`confBIND_OPTS', `WorkAroundBrokenAAAA')
define(`confMAX_MIME_HEADER_LENGTH', `256/128')
define(`confNO_RCPT_ACTION', `add-to-undisclosed')
define(`confPRIVACY_FLAGS', `authwarnings,noexpn,novrfy')
MAILER(local)
MAILER(smtp)

The sendmail version is  8.13.4, which I am certain greet_pause is
available. I assume if a certain version of Sendmail installed, then all
the features should be available regardless which version FreeBSD? Is
that correct?

Simon