Install error - MOD_LOAD (amr_linux, 0xffffffff806205d0, 0) error 6

tecol tecol at monobath.com
Tue Nov 7 02:42:29 UTC 2006

I tried to install the AMD64 build of FreeBSD 6.1.  Very early in the
installation right after the Timecounter messages, I get this MOD_LOAD
error 6 and the system hangs:

Timecounter "TSC" frequency 2011163535 Hz quality 800
2 Timecounters tick every 1.000 msec
module_register_init:  MOD_LOAD (amr_linux, 0xffffffff806205d0, 0) error 6

The system at that point is frozen.  No matter which of the install
CDROM boot options I pick, it always ends up with this error and then
the system freezes.

I tried the 6.2 beta 2 and got the same thing.

I tried installing FreeBSD 6.0 and got almost the same thing.  The last
message is the one about Timecounter ticks, and it hangs too but without
issuing the MOD_LOAD error 6.

Any ideas for getting past this?