Screenshots during installation?

Bill Campbell freebsd at celestial.com
Sun Nov 5 20:48:54 UTC 2006

On Sun, Nov 05, 2006, Matthias Apitz wrote:
>El día Sunday, November 05, 2006 a las 05:05:57PM +0300, Yousef Adnan Raffah escribió:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there a way I can take screenshots during installation? I know the
>> installer runs sysinstall and I can invoke that from any terminal once
>> the system installed and grab that window from my GUI, but are there
>> other ways of doing it?
>
>Don't know exactly for which reason you need it. If you want to
>communicate a problem during installation, you only can take photos.
>If you want to produce a step-by-step installation guide, you may
>consider install FreeBSD in a virtual machine (I used Qemu for
>this) and take screenshots wherever you want.

Several years ago I did an installation manual by taking photos of
screens using a digital camera on a tripod and a remote control to
avoid shaking the camera (and get my shoulder out of the picture :-).

One thing I found was that it requires about a 1 second exposure and
high Fstop to get the full screen.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software, LLC

``The fact is that the Constitution was intended to protect us from
the government, and we cannot expect the government to enforce it
willingly'' -- Dave E. Hoffmann, Reason Magazine March 2002