portmanager question

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Sun Nov 5 20:35:53 UTC 2006

On Sunday November 05, 2006 at 12:16:52 (PM) Tsu-Fan Cheng wrote:

> Hi people,
>     as recently i have problem with firefox, i thought i will try to upgrade
> my port by my way...
>    as i first run "portmanager -s > log" to see what ports are outdated, and
> if that port seem critical, I will do
>   "portupgrade -R/-r " to fix it. it's probably not the best, but I decided
> to give it a try. however, when reading portmanager output, something looks
> weird.
>
> e.g.
> 00106 ----:libcdio-0.77_1                      /sysutils/libcdio
> MISSING
> I do have libcdio, as i checked under /var/db/pkg/, so what does this mean??
>

> more here
> 00032 have:glib-2.12.4                         /devel/glib20
> built with OLD dependency: icu-3.6
> far as i know, icu3.6 is the latest, right??

That 'icu' version does appear current.

When was the last time you updated your port tree. I would do that and
then run 'pkgdb -aFv' to make sure that the dependencies were correct.

You can also run this to get a list of out of date ports:

/usr/sbin/pkg_version -vIL=

If you want, you could pipe the who thing to a file.

--
Gerard

Ah, SASL, the dark side of authentication it is.
Yes, tempting, easy - but ultimately destroy you it will!
But fear the path of misconfiguration, you should!