pcre vs pcre-utf8

Eric Schuele e.schuele at computer.org
Sun Nov 5 14:20:50 UTC 2006

On 11/05/2006 04:46, dick hoogendijk wrote:
> kde3 packages have a "lib depends => pcre" and bluefish has a "lib
> depends => pcre-utf8"
>
> These two pcre packages mutually exclude each other. How can I install
> both kde3 and bluefish?

I'm no authority on this but I was in the same position (with different
apps).  Looking in the make file of pcre-utf8, it appears as though it
IS pcre, with a knob specified (WITH_UTF8 I believe).  So, I used pkgdb
to simply fix the pcre ref to point to pcre-utf8, and things appear to
be working fine.

Again, I'm no authority on it, so you might wait for others to weigh in.
  But it's working for me.

--
Regards,
Eric