Fetchmail: Error message in maillog

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Sat Nov 4 19:16:44 UTC 2006

On Saturday 04 November 2006 13:43, Bill Campbell wrote:

> This is failing when fetchmail attempts to connect to postfix to send the
> mail locally.  Either postfix isn't running, or perhaps the main.cf file
> has been changed so it's not listening on localhost.
>
> The command ``lsof -n -i :25 | grep LISTEN'' should show any processes
> listening on port 25 (SMTP)
>
> Try ``postconf smtp_bind_address'' to see if postfix configured to listen
> on a specific interface.

The first command produced absolutely nothing. The postconf output was also
blank. This problem did not exist until I updated fetchmail. It does appear
that all of the mail is being delivered. The  'mailq' is negative. Perhaps
this is just a nuisance warning in the newer version. I'll post it on the
fetchmail board and see what they have to say.

--
Gerard

One Bell System - it sometimes works.