Fetchmail: Error message in maillog

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Sat Nov 4 18:08:40 UTC 2006

FreeBSD 6.1
Fetchmail release 6.3.5+RPA+SDPS+SSL+OPIE+NLS.

I had been running fetchmail without incident for over a year. I then did
something stupid; I updated it. Now, it produces this error message in
the /var/maillog file:

Nov  4 12:57:52 scorpio fetchmail[734]: connection to localhost:smtp
[::1/25] failed: Connection refused.

It never did this before. I do not see anything apparently broken, but I am
unsure. Other then reverting to the older version which worked flawlessly,
what else should I be looking for?

Fetchmail is harvesting mail and delivering it to Postfix. This has got me
stumped.

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard at seibercom.net

History is on our side (as long as we can control the historians).