installworld to an NFS mount

Jeremy Johnston jeremy at smart-serv.net
Sat Nov 4 11:26:13 UTC 2006

Greetings everyone,

I currently attempting to build and install a world from my AMD64
machine to a i386 machine mounted via nfs on the build machine. I've
searched the archives and could not come up with the problem I am
having. I have built the world using make TARGET_ARCH=i386 buildworld
and now I am attempting make TARGET_ARCH=i386 DESTDIR=/mnt/smartserv
installworld and it is failing with the following error:

install -s -o root -g wheel -m 444   -fschg -S  libcrypt.so.3
/mnt/smartserv/lib
install: rename: /mnt/smartserv/lib/INS at FdY3 to
/mnt/smartserv/lib/libcrypt.so.3: Input/output error
*** Error code 71

I currently have the following mounts regarding this particular build:

10.0.0.2:/ on /mnt/smartserv (nfs)
10.0.0.2:/usr on /mnt/smartserv/usr (nfs)
10.0.0.2:/var on /mnt/smartserv/var (nfs)

If you have any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong, or if I
should be using a different method I would appreciate them.