Some php files in same directory of working files with same permissions won't process

John Vaughan jjvaughan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 20:25:41 UTC 2006

Has anyone ever had this happen?  I upgraded phpMyAdmin (2.9.0.3) and
suddenly the php files no longer were processed by the php engine --
(Apache sends the php files as though they were a download).  I checked
my permissions, php.ini and httpd.conf, nothing strange there -- same
as when it worked.  I read UPDATING (I'm running FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE,
Apache 2.2.3, PHP 5.1.6_1, MySQL 5.0.24a) and nothing there on it.
Checked the phpMyAdmin site and nothing I could find there either.

Here's the really odd part -- if I go to the phpmyadmin directory,
create a php file with vi and save -- viola the new file works as
expected.  What should I check next?

To see what I am talking about go to:
http://welcome.coe.jmu.edu/dbadmin/index.php

and then go to
http://welcome.coe.jmu.edu/dbadmin/test.php

I can post my php.ini and httpd.conf files if anyone wants to look at
them -- but since I can put a file in the same directory and have it
run fine I don't think this is the problem.