Hardware Console Redirection

Herb Peyerl hpeyerl at beer.org
Fri Nov 3 18:59:53 UTC 2006

On 3-Nov-06, at 11:13 AM, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:

> With the Real Weasel, you could connect on demand and force a screen
> refresh/redraw and it would grab the current VGA framebuffer and re-
> write to the TTY.

I invented the Weasel and even I use it in Serial passthrough mode.
The VGA display is nifty and all, but as a sysadmin, I want more than
25 lines of display history.

(for those who don't know, serial passthrough, when set to auto,
causes the weasel to either use its VGA framebuffer or its PCI Uart
as the source for data to be sent to its serial port; switching
automatically depending on where the last write occurred by the host
CPU).

Disclaimer: I no longer have any association with any company or
individuals who may or may not be dealing in new or used PC Weasels.