FreeBSD 5.5 & Dell 2950 PERC 5/i mfi question

Krempasky, Mark mkrempasky at epsiloninteractive.com
Fri Nov 3 17:23:20 UTC 2006

Hi,
We have a requirement to run FreeBSD 5.5 on a few Dell 2950's.
Unfortunately FreeBSD5.5 doesn't have the mfi drivers for the PERCK 5/I
controllers. Does anyone know of a reasonable work around to load the
drivers before sysinstall and then a way to permanently install them
after the OS is loaded?
I know FreeBSD6.x has the drivers by default but I just wanted to check
if there was an easy work around with 5.5 before I push back on the
developers.

Thanks a ton.

Mark.