gconfd problem

T.F. Cheng tfcheng at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 3 05:10:34 UTC 2006

 hi people,
  i have a bit problem with goncfd when i run firefox, it gives me this when i exec firefox:

GConf Error: Failed to launch configuration server: Failed to execute child process "/usr/local/libexec/gconfd-2" (Invalid argument)

i know there is something wrong with my gnome thing upgrade to 2.16, frankly, i never finished it. my computer reboot during the process a couple of times, i assume it's because of the heat or something, and it was fine until now. can someone point me a way to fix this? thank you so much!!

Tsu-Fan Cheng