Freebsd 6-Stable lockups

chris scott chris.scott at uk.tiscali.com
Wed Nov 1 22:14:00 UTC 2006

thecommentsabout old hardware are interesting as all my kit is at least 4
years old. Its a bit hit and miss though
I have3 systems on 6-stable, only one has the problem. These are the basic
specs of the systems.

system 1 - one that freezes
this is the current hardware
x2 intel 550 p3
intel  440GX chipset
2 x 512meg ECC pc133 ram, 1 x 128 meg ECC ram
fxp and xl0

old hardware that also freezes was
x2 p3 1 ghz
severworks chipset(asus CUSL2-LS)
2 x 512meg ECC
fxp and xl0

system 2
AMD athlon tbird 700
amd 750 irongate
256 meg  ddr
ep and xl

system 3
2x450 intel p3 slot cpu
intel 440bx
1x 512, 1 x 128
xl, dc, and sis

all machines are using pata drives

looking at the specs, bith the flakey boxes are runniung ecc ram
is anyone having these issues who isnt running ecc ram?