Mounting to a second hard disk

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Wed May 31 12:30:35 PDT 2006

Nikolas Britton wrote:
> On 5/31/06, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at ceid.upatras.gr> wrote:
>> >
>> > Cool ... :)
>>
>> Nice :)
>>

> No Comment.

>> > $ dmesg | grep ad
>>
>> Another way is through atacontrol:
>>
>>     # atacontrol list
>
> A simple 'ls /dev/ad*' should suffice in most circumstances.

But if the disk hasn't been partitioned and sliced, the
only entry will be for the disk itself, which will be
not be able to be mounted.  The OP wondered why adNs1n
wasn't there, and the line from dmesg gives more information
and identifies the disk, positively.

And, face it, if it 'twere you or I, we'd probably
have done both (or all three) by now.

Philip said he had now noticed handbook 17.3, so we'll
leave him alone until he has _another_ question ;-).

KDK

--
No good deed goes unpunished.
		-- Clare Boothe Luce