FreeBSD Security Survey

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Mon May 22 08:53:22 PDT 2006

I'd have to agree with most of Ted and Gayn's points.  Also, it's hard
to answer many of the questions when they are different for different
servers.  Unless there is a serious bug in something like SSH, then a
paying client with a seriously firewalled server and no malicious users
might get upgraded every four months.  My own server might get upgraded
weekly when I'm not too busy, or not for four months when I am.  But a
security bug with a network service would get much more immediate
attention.  If I still administered machines in an academic environment,
my answers would be quite different, but the risk analysis that led to
the different answers would (theoretically) be the same.

--Alex