cant run x-windows on fresh 6.1 install

doug doug at fledge.watson.org
Fri May 19 16:28:11 PDT 2006

No window manager was installed. Xorg installs xterm and an almost null window
manager twm. You need to follow the instructions for configuring Xorg, chapter
5 in the handbook. Then if you add an .xsession file:

     #!/bin/sh
     /usr/X11R6/bin/twm

you can use that to install the window manager of your choice. the following
will install the kde package:

     setenv PACKAGEROOT ftp://ftp10.FreeBSD.org    (make this your mirror of choice)
     pkg_add -r kde

Then change .xsession accordingly