jwchat.

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Mon May 15 18:38:07 PDT 2006

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 04:29:12PM -0500, Jason Garrett wrote:
> On 5/15/06, Gary Kline <kline at tao.thought.org> wrote:
> >
> >        Can anybody offer some insights about an IM suite (ports/net-im)
> >        called jwchat?  It looks like a useable way to chat, but I'm
> >        having lots of troubles wiht getting it set up correctly.
> >
> >        My test setup is on sage.thought.org.  An immediate problem is that
> >        when I point mozilla at "sage.thought.org/jwchat/ it takes quite
> >        awhile to load, then all  that shows is an empty page.
> >
> >        Anybody??
> >
> >        gary
> >
> >        PS:  From looking at the apache logs, it looks like things are
> >             going
>
> http://jwchat.sourceforge.net  is where I started from and had a
> succesful install within a day or so. It took some crafty apache
> config sections but all in all it wasnt bad. Make sure you have a
> jabber server though!

	Are you running apache-1.3?  I am, but the examples the jwchat
	site has are for v2 of apache.  I finally used the <Virtual *>
	example, put it into the apache httpd.conf and I finally
	stopped getting a 404  err.

	The jabber daemon:: *yes*.  A few hours ago I found the FAQ
	pages on the ejabberd site and realized I needed not only to
	add/modify several strings but uncomment them.  "%" isn't
	normally used as a comment token.

	JWchat looks like it'll serve well ... if I ever get the
	bloody thing set up!

	thanks for your help,

	gary

	PS: the chap who was helping me via message board has to think
	    i'm a moron ... won't be the 1st time:-)

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix