New FreeBSD Logo

Jeff Rollin jeff.rollin at gmail.com
Wed May 10 14:37:29 UTC 2006

> > Ted
>
> The most interesting time I've had with beastie was setting up servers and
> website for a Baptist org here in Alaska. I put beastie on the site
> thinking
> it would never be approved. They were seeking donations and were very
> sensitive about the site's image. Not only did the clergy approve the site
> with the "powered by" logo, they thought beastie was "cute".

Well, as we're  on a religious theme, Thank God for common sense. How many
religious people worldwide even HAVE devils in their religion, I wonder.

Even after several irate emails about displaying the "devil" on a church
> site,
> the logo remained. It was decided that several narrow minded people did
> not
> warrant removing it. I didn't even have to explain what a daemon is.

Again, amen. Do we really want narrow-minded people in our community? Does
anyone?

Several months later the site won an award at one of their national
> conventions. The plaque featured a screen shot of the front page complete
> with beastie!

That's devilishly good news,

If people are refraining from using FreeBSD because of beastie (which I
> don't
> believe), they really need to just grow up.

Hear, hear

If the Baptists don't have any
> problem with him, I can't imagine anyone else objecting.

I can, but  then as you say, they need to grow up.

Jeff.