New FreeBSD Logo

Beech Rintoul beech at alaskaparadise.com
Wed May 10 10:08:55 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 10 May 2006 01:05, you wrote:
> [...]

The most interesting time I've had with beastie was setting up servers and a
website for a Baptist org here in Alaska. I put beastie on the site thinking
it would never be approved. They were seeking donations and were very
sensitive about the site's image. Not only did the clergy approve the site
with the "powered by" logo, they thought beastie was "cute".

Even after several irate emails about displaying the "devil" on a church site,
the logo remained. It was decided that several narrow minded people did not
warrant removing it. I didn't even have to explain what a daemon is.

Several months later the site won an award at one of their national
conventions. The plaque featured a screen shot of the front page complete
with beastie!

If people are refraining from using FreeBSD because of beastie (which I don't
believe), they really need to just grow up. If the Baptists don't have any
problem with him, I can't imagine anyone else objecting.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - beech at alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Alaska Paradise
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://www.alaskaparadise.com