gamin - fam

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Sat May 6 08:21:28 UTC 2006

Does anybody have a solution for the gamin / fam problem.
Afaics only the courier package needs FAM still.
So, I have two questions:

(a) does courier run well without fam support?
(b) does courier run with gamin support?

As it gets more and more packages that depend on gamin and not on fam it
seems obvious that I change the fam support to gamin. But I don't want to
harm my courier mailer system (I use the MTA, IMAP and POP3 units)

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 6.1-RC2 +++ The Power to Serve