DVD-Slideshow

usleepless at gmail.com usleepless at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 15:48:24 UTC 2006

Hi Chris,

> That sounds good to me.   I will still like to continue to try to get
> the crossfades working too.  If you send yours in, and the port
> maintaner adds the diffs, then it will be called _4 on the ports tree,
> even though it has been "downgraded."
>
> p.s. Please, don't take anything I say personal.  It is not personal, I
> am just a zealot when it comes to trying to get things to work on
> Linux/UNIX (because I hate having to rely on windows for multimedia apps).
>
> The latest (1.7.5) works absolutely PERFECT (crossfades and all) on my
> slackware install.

altough i was already tired of this, you tempted my curiousity and i
downloaded 1.7.5 of sourceforge, patched the wc --chars and ran it
with the parameters as you specified.

it created a Test.vob without crossfades. i just read the code, and i
suspect it is still seq not doing what it is supposed to do.

seq2 is not parameter compatible with seq.

so, i have to finish what i started:

write to /usr/bin/seq, chmod +x etc

--------------------------------
#!/bin/csh
if ( $#argv == 2) then
if( $1 == $2) then
  echo $1
else
  seq2 -s $1 -e $2
endif
else
if($2 == $3) then
        echo $2
else
seq2 -s $2 -e $3
endif
endif

i tested with a smaller script than this ( lots of errors ) but the
slideshow finished WITH crossfades. i am now do a rerun to see if it
still generates a decent slideshow.

regards,

usleep