DVD-Slideshow

Chris Maness chris at chrismaness.com
Wed Mar 29 14:25:00 UTC 2006

usleepless at gmail.com wrote:

>>I'm not doing this to benifit myself.  I'm am trying to support the
>>project as a whole.  Most of the things that you patched are already
>>addressed in _3.  I don't understand why you would dry to work out bugs
>>in something that is not current.  If we can fix the current tarball
>>then send in patches it benifits everyone.
>>

>you mean me? not we. right?
>
>look, i had it running by patching the wrong wc-par. then i created
>some slideshows of my holiday pictures, burnt it to a DVD and sent it
>off to my 5-year-old-the-cutest-ever-cousin. there is no "most of the
>things". there is 1.
>
>when i fixed the wc-par, i sent an email to the port maintainer about the fix.
>
>now you want me to upgrade to a version which is apperently worse than
>mine ( i have no probs creating slideshow, i needed to add a symlink
>cause i tested your scenario ).
>
>i welcome your good intentions. we might send the port-maintainer an
>email stating that using 1.7.2_1 + wc-par fix + seq to job symlink
>works better than _3.
>
>regards,
>
>usleep

That sounds good to me.   I will still like to continue to try to get
the crossfades working too.  If you send yours in, and the port
maintaner adds the diffs, then it will be called _4 on the ports tree,
even though it has been "downgraded."

p.s. Please, don't take anything I say personal.  It is not personal, I
am just a zealot when it comes to trying to get things to work on
Linux/UNIX (because I hate having to rely on windows for multimedia apps).

The latest (1.7.5) works absolutely PERFECT (crossfades and all) on my
slackware install.