Not an easy install

Vayu vayu at sklinks.com
Sun Mar 26 07:02:02 UTC 2006

On Saturday 25 March 2006 06:36, Tim wrote:
> Why couldn't you guys make a install easy instead of this and that, ok I
> am a newbie and it should be easy, I have installed Ubuntu, it was like
> a dream, smooth as silk, Fedora pretty much the same FreeBSD, its a
> nitemare if you have never done it, I am now reloading windows and then
> putting back Ubuntu, unless someone over there can make it simple even
> for me.
>

> Tim Stevens

Who are "you guys"?
I installed Ubuntu as my very first open source OS last Aug.  Since then I've
installed it on 5 computers and now FreeBSD on 2 computers.  From a beginners
viewpoint I find both installers pretty comparable and actually quite
similar.  Instead of issuing a blanket criticism that I'm not sure is even
true, why don't you ask about the specific issues you are having a problem
with?