Problem installing port

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Fri Mar 24 18:45:28 UTC 2006

Paul Schmehl wrote:

> --On Friday, March 24, 2006 18:11:59 +0100 Matias Surdi
> <matiassurdi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi, Could someone tell me why I get this error?
>>

>> su-2.05b# portinstall  es-kde-i18n
>> ** Port marked as IGNORE: misc/kde3-i18n-es:
>>         is marked as broken: Incorrect pkg-plist
>> su-2.05b#
>>
> The port is broken because the pkg-plist is incorrect.
> Until it's corrected, the port will remain marked broken.

True.

> If you really need to install it anyway, you can use
> FORCE_PKG_REGISTER to get it to install.
>
> Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)

Actually, FORCE_PKG_REGISTER won't do it; this var is for
overriding an "already registered" package.  The OP could
set TRYBROKEN in the environment, and the package would
attempt to build.

OP:  since it's the plist that's broken, you may well be able
to install and use the port.  However, and please hear me,
you may not be able to *uninstall* the port correctly, since
the package database won't know all of the files that were
installed by the port (because the 'packlist' is incorrect).

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey

--
When you are at Rome live in the Roman style;
when you are elsewhere live as they live elsewhere.