Mail client like mulberry

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Tue Mar 14 23:41:23 UTC 2006

--On March 14, 2006 4:32:23 PM -0700 "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC"
<chad at shire.net> wrote:

> On Mar 14, 2006, at 3:39 PM, Paul Schmehl wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:55:07 -0500
>> Bill Moran <wmoran at collaborativefusion.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Have you looked at Sylpheed?  I don't know how closely it will match
>>> the behaviour that you're used to, but it talks nicely to every IMAP
>>> server I've ever seen, and it turns the folders with new messages
>>> red.
>>>
>> The problem is, I have about 250 folders.  Scrolling through them
>> is a PITA, so I'd like to have the same, or similar, functionality
>> that I had with Mulberry.
>>
>> Mulberry has a favorites folder, called "New Messages", that only
>> displays folders with new mail in them.
>
> Kind of like the idea of a dynamic "smart folder" where the criterion  is
> other folders with new mail?

Exactly.  Instead of copying new mail to a Favorites folder or displaying
*all* Favorites folders, this folder only displays a folder if there's new
mail in it.

Do you have a MUA in mind?

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer