Mail client like mulberry

Bill Campbell freebsd at celestial.com
Tue Mar 14 23:40:52 UTC 2006

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

>On Mar 14, 2006, at 3:39 PM, Paul Schmehl wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:55:07 -0500
>>Bill Moran <wmoran at collaborativefusion.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>Have you looked at Sylpheed?  I don't know how closely it will match
>>>the behaviour that you're used to, but it talks nicely to every IMAP
>>>server I've ever seen, and it turns the folders with new messages
>>>red.
>>>
>>The problem is, I have about 250 folders.  Scrolling through them
>>is a PITA, so I'd like to have the same, or similar, functionality
>>that I had with Mulberry.
>>
>>Mulberry has a favorites folder, called "New Messages", that only
>>displays folders with new mail in them.
>
>Kind of like the idea of a dynamic "smart folder" where the criterion
>is other folders with new mail?

Apple's Mail.app has this with smart folders, but I find it very
slow with mail folders containing thousands of messages.

Thunderbird is much faster than that, but I don't know of any way
to get this ability -- although there may well be.

The horde/imp webmail program makes it easy to create virtual
folders which are really stored searches allowing one to select
unread mail from one or more folders.

On the other hand, I read the vast majoriy of my e-mail on our
freebsd server using mutt in ssh from whatever machine I'm on.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC