Trying to patch a beautiful desktop

Kristian Vaaf vaaf at broadpark.no
Wed Mar 8 04:34:12 UTC 2006

Hello!

I've done some research on how to make ones desktop look the best,
without being too bloated in terms of looks and functionality but still classify
as good design and give users a smooth experience.

I've found that if done correctly, Openbox together with Gnome can look
pretty darn nice. I've found some nice themes for Openbox as well as GTK
1 and 2, however the Openbox code needs some patching. There already
is a patch, but having the obsessive compulsive disorder, I want the patch
file to also look good.

After I edited it, it wouldn't work. No matter what line/character coordinates
I typed in for the @@ lines. I also assume it's unnecessary, at least it
ought to be, including lines other than + and - unless they serve a
purpose.

Would anybody mind having a look at patch_new.diff compared to the
patch_old.diff in http://www.home.no/hedhnta/openbox.tgz and tell me how
to succeed in only including what is absolutely necessary into this patch
file -- in a way that works?

The file also include the theme files, that together with a proper iconset
would look terribly stunning. I haven't gotten to the icons yet though,
since customize.org seems to be down.

Thanks all,
Vaaf