Tape backup / Bizzare Device Question

Graham Bentley gbentley at uk2.net
Tue Mar 7 14:10:11 UTC 2006

Is there a way to create a hdd resore solution with
set of boot floppies that will support my tape drive
access the tape and restore the entire hard disc in
case of disc failure disaster ? ie So I could install
a new disc and be up and running without doing any
additional admin? I guess like a 'ghost' for scsi tape ?

Any advice / links etc apperciated.

Also ....

narrow end flared at bootom so it standsup. Inside,
a rotating wire device that has 4 squares of card like
material attached, like vanes.

One one side they are black on the other they are white.
When the sun shines brightly enough, the white side reflects
the light energy and the black side absorbs it. The vanes
spin around.

This does exist and has a name and I know there are
some very knowledgeable people on this list who will
know.

Whats it called..... please !!!