Powered-by FreeBSD icon using new logo

cpghost cpghost at cordula.ws
Mon Mar 6 18:52:35 UTC 2006

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 04:17:33PM -0500, fbsd_user wrote:
> Since there in now a new logo for FreeBSD,
> what about the people who have the powered by old logo icon
> on their website home pages?
>
> Will the old logo still be valid?

Hi fbsd_user,

why would you bother? Just use the logo *you* like best for the
powered-by... icons. I personally like Beastie on these icons
very much and don't plan to replace them with something else
(anytime soon -- perhaps not at all). YMMV, of course.

BTW, there's absolutely no reason to endorse the new logo that
came out of the contest. It's just a logo, nothing more, nothing
less. If you like it, fine, if you don't, that's fine as well. :)

I assume that Marshall Kirk McKusick would still allow the use
of Beastie on the powered by... icons; but feel free to ask him,
if you're unsure. Please CC: questions@ if possible.

> Are powered by icon using the new logo available someplace for
> download.
> Do we need to get written permission to use it?
>
> Where can I see this new logo at?

Regards,
-cpghost.

--