Writing CDs on a DVD drive.

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Thu Mar 2 06:54:21 PST 2006

Malcolm Kay wrote:
[ ... ]
>>  * 6.0:
>>  * - fix for DVD+R recordings in Samsung TS-H542A;
>>  * - DVD-R Dual Layer DAO and Incremental support;
>> [ ... ]
>
> I have 5.21 and found most of the above in the source code so it
> looks as though I can write double layer +R but will need to
> upgrade to write double layer -R.

That's right.

> WRT -use-the-force-luke=break:size, is this a necessary option or
> will it default to a sensible value?

The current defaults seem sensible for dual-layer DVD's; they won't be sensible
for BluRay or HD-DVD when burners for those formats come out...

[ In the spirit of full disclosure, however, I should mention that I haven't
been able to test dual-layer burning using dvd+rw-tools myself; the only
dual-layer DVD-burner I have available is a SuperDrive in a Mac G5. ]

--
-Chuck