SATA to SCSI Raid Enclosure ...

Robert Uzzi ruzzi at compedgeracing.com
Wed Mar 1 13:29:38 PST 2006

> I'm looking for something 'cheap' that I can plug into a SCSI controller
> on my desktop machine that will allow me to house multiple SATA drives in
> it ... I don't need a lot of fancy features on it, and performance isn't a
> big issue ...
>
> Anything anyone out there using that they'd recommend, or know of
> manufacturers that do this?
>
> thanks ...

I've done a lot of testing of SCSI/RAID > SATA hardware for companies
dealing with higher end server and SAN hardware. My experiences tell me to
stay away from it. The emulation that occurs to allow the SATA use on the
SCSI bus is usually a hack at best. I have yet to see a implementation
that was not full of bugs.