Regarding Fujitsu Siemens Primergy RX220 AMD64.

Mattias Björk mattias.bjork at sydnet.net
Sun Jun 25 18:21:48 UTC 2006

Hi List members,

Have recently acquired me an "Fujitsu Siemens Primergy RX220 AMD64".
Everything works fine except one thing, the build in dual broadcom 5780
NIC. I see that 6.1 does not support that hardware according to
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.1R/hardware-amd64.html.

I thought that freebsd-questions at freebsd.org was a better choice of
sending the mail to than amd64 at freebsd.org But I might be wrong here.

Anyhow I have two questions more or less:

Has anybody succeed in getting it to work and do you have a patch for
it? (Should I try out stable branch instead of 6.1 Release?)

I everything else fails could you recommend a NIC that works with
FreeBSD and is dual Gigabit. Im thinking of an "Intel Pro/1000 MT DP
Server" or "Intel Pro/1000PT Dual Port Server Adapter PCI-E" how ever
the later I could not find on
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.1R/hardware-amd64.html.

But if you check it up on Intel's homepage it mentions that FreeBSD is
support but that is rater vague description on with arch its supported
on. (If I'm not missing something that is)

Hopefully support for the broadcom 5780-chipset is right around the corner.

Thank you for reading this mail.

// Mattias Bjork