Monitoring Server Health

Jerlique Bahn jerlique at webscene.com.au
Sun Jun 25 11:15:43 UTC 2006

Hello Laurence,

> > What are sys-admin's using to monitor the status and health of their
> freebsd
> > servers?
> >
> ports/net-mgmt/mrtg/
>
> It can be hit and miss to get set up, but once you have it working it's
> quite good at providing the information you're looking for.

Actually mrtg is used to graph the results of the program that I am looking
for.

So to clarify my initial request, what I am seeking recommendations for is
the program that collects the information, such as server load, temperature,
open tcp connections etc of the freebsd server itself.

I already have the program to process the data, of which part of this
solution is mrtg.

JS