Python port problems

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Fri Jun 23 19:13:51 UTC 2006

This problem has been resolved, thanks to my new friend Alex Zbyslaw!

The problem was that my /usr/local/lib/python2.4 was set with perms
754 rather than 755. I didn't realize that doing a port uninstall and
reinstall doesn't necessarily correct permission problems on parent
directories.

I hope this is useful to somebody else =)