Hot-Swapping hard drives on Dell PowerEdge 2850 running FBSD 5.5-PRE

Alex Franks arfranks at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 18:06:18 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I'm getting ready to install 2 identical drives into the available
drive bays in my 2850. However, it would be highly preferable that
this machine NOT be shut down in order to install these drives. I know
from looking at the docs that these drive bays are hot-swappable, but
I'd like to know before I attempt this that someone else out there has
successfully performed a hot-swap or hot-install of drives on a 2850
or comparable Dell PowerEdge running FreeBSD.

Thanks!
Alex