AMD64 Desktop Support

Michael Collette Metrol at Metrol.net
Tue Jun 20 06:10:12 UTC 2006

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:
> You can always run the 32bit i386 version on the AMD motherboard if you
> find out that the above stuff doesn't work so well.  I don't use FreeBSD
> as a desktop so I cannot comment on that part but amd64 issues with
> flash etc does not mean you have to buy a P4 or other Intel chip based
> system.

Not really anything against Intel here, just thought that the AMD might
be worth looking at.  Just so much of what is available for purchase for
either platform seems to have issues with hardware support.

Thanks for the feedback just the same.
--
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is."