SIIG Card Support

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Sun Jun 18 23:48:07 UTC 2006

On Jun 18, 2006, at 2:55 PM, Gerard Seibert wrote:

> Could anyone tell me if the SIIG Ultra ATA Ultra 100 Controller Card,
> mfg.# SC-PE4A12 is supported in FBSD 6.1 or not? According to the
> manufacturer, it only supports Windows; however, that is what most
> manufacturers claim anyway.

You need to find out what chipset it has to see if there is any
chance.  In my experience SiiG uses standard chipsets but puts a
sticker over them so you don't know what one is used and so that they
can change it without changing the part number of their card...

Best bet is to find a known card from the list

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
Your Web App and Email hosting provider