deployment considerations between STABLE and RELENG

Jonathan Horne jhorne at dfwlp.com
Sun Jun 18 13:54:31 UTC 2006

its been a while since i have come to the point where i can cvsup and
buildworld my systems without making any mistakes.  but, at this point, so
far, i only buildworld up to STABLE.  i do have one dev system that
yesterday, i finally did a buildworld to RELENG.

as i understand it, STABLE contains all security/bug fixes, as well as all
enhancements to other applications as they have been developed.  and that
RELENG contains only security and bugfixes.  have i gathered my information
correctly?

im interested in polling the users of this list (who frequently buildworld on
their systems), what situations (deployments) STABLE is for, and the same for
RELENG.

cheers,
jonathan