freebsd on a newer pc

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Sat Jun 17 06:42:43 UTC 2006

On Jun 16, 2006, at 9:29 PM, Jonathan Horne wrote:

>> On Jun 16, 2006, at 5:09 PM, Jonathan Horne wrote:
>>>
>>> well, i figured out that if at the boot selection screen, if i
>>> choose
>>> option 2 "boot with acpi enabled", i can then give 'shutdown -p
>>> now' and
>>> the system will then power off properly. easy enough...
>>>
>>> but how do i set option 2 as my default boot selection?  i dont see
>>> anything about this in the handbook.
>>

>> My experience has been that once you boot that way once it becomes
>> the default.  Play around with it
>>

> i dont think thats the behavior im getting.  when i hit 2 to boot:

It  may depend on how known your MB is to support acpi. On my
machines to boot default with acpi and if I tell it not to boot with
acpi at boot, when I reboot that is now the default.

I am not an expert on this.  Maybe your MB is a "known" bad acpi one?

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
Your Web App and Email hosting provider
chad at shire.net