Long Shot - MSN Group chat room access

dgmm freebsd01 at dgmm.net
Mon Jun 12 17:26:08 UTC 2006

On Monday 12 June 2006 01:17, Garrett Cooper wrote:
>         Also, MS has been playing a cat and mouse game with the Wine people
>   for quite some time locking the Wine folks out by restricting
> operating systems versions and software installations (DX9, IE, etc),
> which has-for the most part-worked in MS's favor, but you may be
> lucky and are able to access MSN chat on FreeBSD by some oversight by
> a dev somewhere ;).

After spending a couple of hours with Wine docs I'm thinking that looks like a
daunting task.  I'm now looking at a possible qemu solution thanks to another
poster on the list.

At worst, Win98se is good enough as a dedicated box just for MSN.  It's
already behind a dedicated firewall and I could always route through a proxy
and limit it to msn.com sites only if necessary.

Seeing how this thread has progressed, maybe I should have posted to the
emulation list in the first place ;-)
--
Dave