hardware raid suggestions

Philip M. Gollucci pgollucci at p6m7g8.com
Mon Jun 12 08:38:03 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've got a dell power edge 600sc. (I realize thats getting old)
I'm running FreeBSD 6.1-release.

I'm looking for suggestions for a good raid setup
both controls and disks.  I'd like to use hardware raid and not software.

I'm more interested in the performance from raid then the redundancy.

Its mainly if not exclusively going to be used for compilations of
software ASF software. Ideally, I'd like to NFS mount its disk on my
desktop over a local gigabit lan.

Any pointers appreciated.

I'm willing spend up to about $1,000.

Philip M. Gollucci (pgollucci at p6m7g8.com) 323.219.4708