Playstation emulator

Mark Kane mark at mkproductions.org
Sun Jun 11 03:23:47 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jun 11, 2006, at 03:15:31 +0000, NgD Vulto wrote:
> -bash-2.05b$ whereis epsxe
> epsxe: /usr/X11R6/bin/epsxe
> -bash-2.05b$ epsxe
> -bash-2.05b$
> -bash-2.05b$ /usr/X11R6/bin/epsxe
> -bash-2.05b$ ps -aux |grep epsxe
> userxx 11143  0.0  0.2  1512   888  p6  S+    3:01PM   0:00.00 grep
> epsxe -bash-2.05b$
>

> I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong since I see no interface, it
> just returns nothing and quit automatically.
>
> I have no playstation graphic bios downloaded, but I think it should
> at least give me an interface right?
>
> I do have my original ps1 cds backuped as ISO inside my hd and so I'm
> not with the cd inside the driver...since I intend to run my ISO.
>
> The question is what should I do?
>
> Even if the problem would be that I have no graphic bios downloaded I
> wouldn't know where to store the bios files.
>
> I've tried to search on google but I got no useful results to me,
> most of them were talking to linux users and there seems to work ok
> with no extra setup.

Hi. I had the same problem until doing this from pkg-message:

------------------------------
Moreover, some users report that the emulator does not work for them
unless they mount the Linux process file system. To mount linprocfs,
add the following line to /etc/fstab:

linproc         /compat/linux/proc      linprocfs       rw      0
0

and reboot the system.
------------------------------

It loads up after doing that, but all I get is a black screen (with a
CD or ISO) so it does not work for me.

Good luck.

-Mark
FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE [amd64]

--
Internet Radio:
Party107 (Trance/Electronic) - http://www.party107.com

IRC:
MIXXnet IRC Network - irc.mixxnet.net (Nick: MIXX941)

GnuPG Public Key:
http://www.mkproductions.org/mk_pubkey.asc